All FPH Network Groups
Requirements for setting up a new network group
If you would like to set up a network group to facilitate networking on a specific topic relating to public health, please contact the network groups administrator with the following information:
- The name of the proposed group
- A paragraph of no more than 200 words on the scope and purpose of the group
- The names and email addresses of five public health professionals/practitioners who have expressed an interest in the group
- Whether you are requesting an 'open' or 'closed' discussion group, and why
Your request will then be considered by the Faculty’s Policy Executive.
Moderating the group
You will be required to act as group moderator for your proposed group. This requires you to stimulate discussion within the group and provide any guidance for new members with regard to your chosen group topic.
Being a moderator also allows you to:
- Add proposed links and files to the resource section of your group
- Add FAQs for your group
- Remove posts that contravene the terms and conditions of the network groups
You will be supported in this by the network groups administrator.
Closure of the group
Should there be no meaningful discussion within your group forum for a period of longer than 6 months, the Faculty of Public Health reserves the right to close the discussion group.